Monday

Leave your backyard "au naturale"..... don't rake the leaves!


Want to attract one of these birds?
Don't rake the leaves!

Only a small portion of my backyard is grass which is right next to the house and the rest is left "au naturale." If you don't want snakes then break out the rake though..... personally I don't mind them as most are presently very small "safe" species. I located three under the leaves yesterday. I bet this hawk is eating the larger ones but if it spotted a little snake it wouldn't hesitate to make a meal of it I'm sure ;0)
This image is from another angle of this raptor taken yesterday which turned out much nicer with the light touching more of the bird. I was downhill so I lost its feet in the pic ;0(
canon rebel xt / sigma 150 / evening sun / full setting / cropped / backyard woodland / richmond virginia / Red-shouldered Hawk / raptor / bird of prey / chesterfield county
Nature Art Photograph by Carolyn Hietala

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites