Sunday

On the way to the mailbox I discovered this excavation - It is the abode of a crayfish or crawfish or crawdad or whatever you wish to call them ;0)



As a youngster I would lie quietly alongside the entrance and slowly feed a long blade of grass down the hole. If the crayfish opted to grab hold, I would then gently attempt to remove the blade with crayfish attached. When the crayfish reached the top of the hole, a quick pull would bring it out completely. It doesn't always work of course and lots of patience is required. Maybe I'll try it again one day ;0)


Nature Photo by Carolyn Hietala http://carolynhietalapaintings.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We call them crawdads here in Alabama. And over in coastal Mississippi, my friends call them mudbugs. :)

 
Add to Technorati Favorites