Tuesday

Hercules ADORES Banana! Closeup Image Of The Eastern Rhinoceros Beetle (Dynastes tityus)




Adult Male Eastern Hercules Beetle Eating Fruit
Scarabaeidae - Dynastes tityus
(click on picture to enlarge)

Doesn't he have a lovely hairdo? He is so adorable, very healthy and has a super interesting personality! I haven't seen any of these beetles in years so guess it was a lucky find. I'll spend some time fixing a proper home for him this week.

Instead of a mantis or spider this year, I have a Rhinoceros aka Unicorn Beetle for an insect pet. I'll be boring you with pictures as long as he enjoys living here. According to info from the net, they can live 3 months to 6 months and rarely to 1 year, depending on how old they are when you get them I suppose ;0)


Scarab Nature Bug Photograph by Carolyn Hietala
Image taken in Richmond Virginia - Chesterfield County
All my images are copyright protected with all rights reserved.

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites